Wells Reserve/Laudholm Farm on a slushy spring day - Wells, Maine

After driving as far as Goose Neck Beach, I figured I might as well keep trucking and test out Laudholm Farm, also knows as the Wells Reserve. I had purchased a season's pass but had never stepped foot on the grounds - that's so me. Anyway, I found the place really easily and parked in the parking lot behind the information kiosk. Looking around, all I could see was snow and buttercup yellow buildings that were obviously part of a massive farmstead at one point. I grabbed by gloves and camera and starting in the direction of the beach trail.

The trails around the reserve branch out in all directions but with the snow still really deep and soft enough to break through, I figured I would save all those for another day. From behind the buildings I picked up the Barrier Beach Trail and walked the 1/2 mile to the small bridge that takes you over the sand dune and walked out onto expansive beach at low tide. To say I was impressed was an understatement! In my hurry to get to the beach I took nary a photograph, and about the time I pulled the big gun out to start snapping pics the battery died.

Really? That is so not me.

Unfazed for the most part, I pulled out my cell phone and started taking pictures with that instead. At least the Lumia has a great camera! I wandered around on the beach and then started my way back up the path to the farm where my warm truck was waiting for me. I can totally see myself going back to the reserve over and over and over again. I know the pass was a smart move.






















Comments