A cold and windy exploration of the changes at Popham Beach - Phippsburg, Maine


I don't think I can ever spend time at Popham and have it not be a worthwhile to me. I love the area, I love the beach, I love the smell of the ocean air. I had my brand new park pass and thought for sure we would see some Harlequins on the outer edge of the Fox island.

It was very windy, very cold and as you can see by the sky in the images below, snow squalls were in the area. We still marveled over the expansive beach that has been created over the winter and realized that this summer at high tide, there will be no beach at all for sun worshipers and sand castle building tots. 'Tis how the tide ebbs and flows.



Sequin Island Lightshouse

Looking towards the Morse River




Fox Islands with some nasty skies in the background


Random folks battling the winds

Sequin

Pond Island lighthouse, with Wood Island in the left foreground


Comments