Red-Bellied Woodpecker - Buxton Backyard


I think that if your patient enough, everything will eventually come to you.

The other morning I was getting ready for work and stopped to peer out the back window and saw a flash of orangy-red on the suet of the feeder near the woodline. I paused, what the.... then I realized - it was a red bellied woodpecker. I hadn't seen one here since about 4 years ago when one stopped by for about 2 minutes. I watched him until I had to get moving and figured great - that's it. I've only seen two in the past - one in Cape Elizabeth by total accident and the one in my back yard years ago. 

He's been here the past four mornings in a row.

Such a handsome creature to see hanging out in my back yard



That red!



"He's not that handsome - red is so over-rated. Seriously, have you seen how yellow I can get?"

Comments