When you're a 40 something single mother of a teen with lots of ambition, you find yourself in all kinds of interesting adventures and situations. Come back to laugh at us any time you feel the need, heaven knows where we'll be doing what next. Here you can expect a few words, a lot of images and hopefully ideas on what you can do for your next adventure.

If you're looking for something specific that we've done or a place that we've been, use the Search Box feature to search our blog.

Sunday, November 16, 2014

Red-Bellied Woodpecker - Buxton Backyard


I think that if your patient enough, everything will eventually come to you.

The other morning I was getting ready for work and stopped to peer out the back window and saw a flash of orangy-red on the suet of the feeder near the woodline. I paused, what the.... then I realized - it was a red bellied woodpecker. I hadn't seen one here since about 4 years ago when one stopped by for about 2 minutes. I watched him until I had to get moving and figured great - that's it. I've only seen two in the past - one in Cape Elizabeth by total accident and the one in my back yard years ago. 

He's been here the past four mornings in a row.

Such a handsome creature to see hanging out in my back yard



That red!



"He's not that handsome - red is so over-rated. Seriously, have you seen how yellow I can get?"

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...