The day I got Storked - "He better not have a baby with him!"

Ok - so it wasn't a Stork, it was really a Great Blue Heron. He still scared the crap out of me.

I came home, empty house, let the dogs out and they started howling. I'm like - what the heck is going on? I looked out in that direction and there was a heron 'stalking' across my lawn. I quickly got the dogs in the house and crept out the front door.

He walked across the lawn - long, lumbering but deliberate steps - intently looking for anything that moved. When he was directly in front of me he turned my way, studied me for a minute, then carried on his way looking from side to side like he had dropped his keys flying over or something. He went to the neighbors and the last I knew - he was still walking down the road.

I'm assuming he was tired of eating fish and frogs and was looking for something more on the lines of a mouse, a mole, a toad or a snake. You know, a little change up in the diet. :)


If I stand here real still, maybe you'll think I'm a tree like the ones behind me



Comments