When you're a 40 something single mother of a teen with lots of ambition, you find yourself in all kinds of interesting adventures and situations. Come back to laugh at us any time you feel the need, heaven knows where we'll be doing what next. Here you can expect a few words, a lot of images and hopefully ideas on what you can do for your next adventure.

If you're looking for something specific that we've done or a place that we've been, use the Search Box feature to search our blog.

Saturday, September 27, 2014

The day I got Storked - "He better not have a baby with him!"

Ok - so it wasn't a Stork, it was really a Great Blue Heron. He still scared the crap out of me.

I came home, empty house, let the dogs out and they started howling. I'm like - what the heck is going on? I looked out in that direction and there was a heron 'stalking' across my lawn. I quickly got the dogs in the house and crept out the front door.

He walked across the lawn - long, lumbering but deliberate steps - intently looking for anything that moved. When he was directly in front of me he turned my way, studied me for a minute, then carried on his way looking from side to side like he had dropped his keys flying over or something. He went to the neighbors and the last I knew - he was still walking down the road.

I'm assuming he was tired of eating fish and frogs and was looking for something more on the lines of a mouse, a mole, a toad or a snake. You know, a little change up in the diet. :)


If I stand here real still, maybe you'll think I'm a tree like the ones behind me



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...