And then, four months later.....

“Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.” ― Marthe Troly-Curtin, Phrynette Married

And here I am. My spring turned into a whirlwind of trips to Massachusetts for soccer games that lasted all the way into July; weekends filled with fantastic plays, eating at McDonald's and Dunkin Donuts, driving into the outskirts of Boston, and gossiping parents. In the middle of all that, I watched a group of 16 boys win their way to first place in their division for the NEP (New England Premiership) and taking the State Cup title for their age bracket. That also meant going to Regionals in Rhode Island and spending 5 days in Providence. They didn't make it any further than that but no heads hung low, it was an experience I'm so happy both of us got the chance to have, a once in a lifetime event for sure. The things we saw and the places we went!

I wish I had more time to stop and photograph but hey - we'll be back again some day. Here are some snippets (mostly from the cell phone camera) of what we saw.






A not so often occurrence, you know it's early when you have the 95 to yourself

The State Cup trophy & medals

Forekicks in Taunton MA - originally our longest trip - until Rhode Island

Getting a little help sewing on the State Cup patch


My furthest drive south yet, I know I can go anywhere now!

University of Rhode Island stadium with - Maine was just part of the 16 other groups there!


My boy makes a fabulous save - the teams we played were incredible

Parking lot soccer at the hotel!

Providence Place mall

The state house court


The pool got the biggest workout that weekend! Yes - indoor / outdoor too!

We walked to Dunkin Donuts :)



That sign and bridge were always a welcome sight!

And that concludes the U13 soccer experience. On to next season!

Comments