The Minn Kota maiden voyage

So, remember that 12' Aluminum boat that we were rowing around in last summer? I decided it was time for an upgrade and since I had a little cash burning a hole in my pocket, I put things into motion.

I'd been toying with the idea of a 45# thrust electric motor, I wanted something I was positive would push us around no problem and even joked about the kid waterskiing behind us. After careful reviews and lots of research, I went with a 30# Minn Kota Endura C2. It was cheap enough and available so I snagged it, and I glad I did. Powered by a 12v Deep Cell Marine battery we trolled around for hours on level 1, level 2 if we were heading into the wind and even played up through level 5 which, of course, was way too much for trolling. I am completely satisfied. To finalize the purchase, I picked up a Minn Kota trolling center (the motor doesn't come with it's own circuit breaker and I wanted something to keep the battery encased) and a Die Hard portable battery charger - which, by the way, did die hard immediately, I need to bring it back to get replaced as it stopped working within the first hour of charging the battery. I'll find another one. All that's left now is to fix up the trailer and we can fish lazy man style. For now - we can totally hoist that boat up into the truck no problem. 

Look out fish - here we come.

He looks like a natural in that seat.



Comments

  1. Very amazing information has been shared on this website. I like it.
    Kota motor

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment