Gaylord Resort - Kissimmee, FLORIDA

The beginning of April was a very special time for me - I was allowed to go to a Help Desk convention held in Kissimmee, Florida at the Gaylord Resort for my work. It was amazing to be with about 2,000 other geeks who knew exactly what I was talking about when I talked shop. We talked about supporting all those techie gadgets, customer service, team building and systems, it was all about work but it was so much fun! 

I flew out in the freezing rain and landed in Orlando with the temps in the 80's and it stayed like that all week - sunny and clear and beautifully warm. The resort itself was a dream, with a glassed in paradise with trees, flowers and ponds filled with fish, alligators and turtles. There were restaurants built right on the campus with no real need to have to leave. Gorgeous! And when I got back home, I found that almost all of the snow was gone and my bluebirds had returned. I won't bore you with ALL the images I took - but here's a great sampling of what I got to enjoy. 

Delta Airlines cruising over sunny Florida overlooking the "Chocolate Rivers", as the sweet little girl on the plane behind me liked to call them. "I wonder if it tastes as good as it looks mommy?" "Oh, I'm not sure about that sweetie"

Palm trees out from of the resort, full of my favorite little lizards

Don't let that olympic sized pool fool you - it was like stepping into the icy Atlantic in June.


The opening convention session - estimated 2,000 people!

Baby alligators! Yes, they have them there!

The Convention hall, lit up and basking in the 3/4 moon

Party time! The Coquina lawn filled with crazy HelpDesk people!

Inside the resort, the space reserved for weddings and parties


Yes - they have alligators and turtles living in peace and harmony, inside. 

We got to watch Chris from Gatorland feeding the 'gators. He said they are all around 3-4 years old, and named. I suppose, it's like that Golden Retriever breeder who knows all those puppies apart....

The interior rooms have balconies looking to the inside. Of course, my room was facing out. 

The saltwater pond had tarpon in it - amazing!

One of the restaurants inside the resort was a boat on the saltwater pond. 


Another was a Mediterranean theme

And Koi fish in their own pond. They would nibble fingers if you gave them a chance. :)

Comments