Bagging Brookies at Memorial Pond - Hollis, Maine

It's early in the season but as my son likes to say - it's never TOO early to try to fish. I pat myself on the back, I've taught him very well. When the itch to fish starts, there is no medication to make it stop, you just have to go. And that we did.

Now mind you - Memorial Pond is a kid-fishing only spot but it makes him very happy and when he's happy, I'm happy. You must all know how that goes? Anyway - on this particular day he made me proud.

Quotes of the day:

"No worms, just lures - worms are for wimps"
"That one is too small, I know there are bigger ones in there"
"I'm getting us supper!"
"Look how pretty this fish is, I'm going to let him grow bigger"
"CRAP! He spit the hook!"
"Did you see that fish jump right next to my line?"
"That fish has got to be 2 feet, seriously"
"Ok, let's go. I have to save some for some other kid"




Looking disgruntled because I told him he has to learn to clear the hook on his own.


There's another one!

Great casting form! He's been using an open faced reel for years now.





SUPPER!



Comments