The Backyard fights back against Winter Storm Vulcan

You know, I was ok with the naming of hurricanes. Like, a hurricane is a fury of nature causing panic in the souls of folks with their flattening winds and torrential downpours. I just want a good hurricane named Renee, just once, so I can say things like "I'm so bad, they name storms after me".

Now they name winter storms and with my luck, I'll end up having a 6" snowfall named after me.

This winter we've had our share of storms, screaming across the US from west to east coast dumping lots of white fluffy stuff along the way. So many times, in fact, we are at the letter V in the alphabet which to me, means we have the potential for 4 more storms! Ok, I know - you've all had enough. So have I.

Vulcan was proposed to pound Maine with 24+ inches of snow in spots. I was praying for a good dumping, having been tired of seeing dirty snow already. Instead, we got lots of rain and maybe 4" of snow. Total. At least we got a snow day out of it. As usual, the birdies kept me entertained as I worked away in my corner office spot.

"Why are they naming storms anyway? It just doesn't make any sense. 
What kind of a name is 'Vulcan'?"

"Why did the Vulcan cross the road? He didn't, it wasn't logical. See? 
Vulcan is a stupid name for a storm!"


"I'm not sure I see your Trekky humor through these whiteout conditions"

"No White Out? Just use the backspace button!"

"What sort of ball doesn't bounce?"

"A SNOW Ball, everyone knows that joke!"

"Nuh uh - not everyone!"


"What do you call a snowman in the summer? Come on.... a puddle!"

"........."

"........."

"Do you know how many times you've told that joke this winter? It is so old"

"Ahh, leave him Boyd - he thinks he's all that cause he has thumbs"

"What kind of math do Snowy Owls like? Wait for it.... Owlgebra!"

"I can't wait for summer to get here so we can all spread out"


Comments