Song sparrow sighting - Signs of Spring

Saturday morning I peeked out the window and lo and behold, there was a little brown bird digging in the feeder droppings. We were graced with the presence of a Song Sparrow who was undoubtedly starving from a trip north. Where has he been I wonder? He's here now - that's all I care, it's just another sign of spring. Of course, he COULD have been here all winter because sometimes they do that but in my mind, I'll go with the flying north story.






Hey! I know I'm a WINTER bird but I'm here for you year round lady! Aren't I handsome too?

Here's another odd occurrence from today. See the four Mourning doves? Yeah - they were like that all afternoon. I had to watch them to see if they were still breathing! You suppose they were excited to have some grass to roost in for awhile? :)

Comments