Raising... Monarchs?

Ok - another flashback. Hey - the weather and our schedules are keeping us from all out adventures so I'm resorting to forcing you back in time. At least you can see this isn't anything new for me, we've been doing crazy stuff for YEARS. 

Little boys are fascinated with creepy crawly things, they always have been, they always will be. My son is definitely no different and the year he came in with a monarch caterpillar and asked if we could keep him I was like, sure - why not? Not only did we keep one, but I pulled out an old fish tank to do something I hadn't done since I was a child - create beauty. A fit in window screen with some weight on top made it easy to raise the 10-15 caterpillars we found that summer, we just kept changing out the milkweed and making sure that the tank was clean. Eventually, we were presented with plenty of chrysalises and the final outcome? Setting some butterflies free. The pictures are reduced, sorry - but as you can see, it's a sight to behold. 


























Comments