Cutler Harbor, Maine

Short and sweet, one picture long. Cutler Harbor is 'downeast' and one of the best places to get fresh lobster right off the boat evah. It's a quiet little town, nothing fancy (don't expect to dine in a fine restaurant) and Rt 191 turns in off Rt 1 in Machias and comes back out on 189 just west of Lubec. 

We found a shortcut (really, just a dirt road) that leads from Lubec's "Carrying Place Cove" to "Baileys Mistake" just east of Cutler and along that road were plenty of turnouts for hiking trails that I would love to go back and hit. There are miles of rough, rocky coastline in this area and from the water I bet it's fabulous.

The image below was selected in a photo contest at my work and the last I knew, was one of a dozen or so that hang in the official external vist conference room used to entertain clients. Makes me proud.


Cutler Harbor




Comments