The Presidential Trail - Maine to North Conway

Right in the middle of my vacation week, I decided I needed to ditch the ocean views and head into the mountains. The day before it had been icky, rainy, foggy and today's forecast was for bright skies. I'll take it.

We jumped in the Tundra and off we went. Wait - you say, it was Wednesday... what's this "we" thing? Well, the boy had woke up with a sore throat and I wasn't about to stay home all day with him. Fresh air would do him good. 

At first I wasn't sure where I was going. I was thinking Jockey Cap would be nice to hike up and see what kind of pics I could get. But - having 'sore throat boy' with me caused a problem. I couldn't make him hike it and I couldn't leave him in the truck either. So I took a left in Fryeburg and headed towards New Hampshire. I was thinking that if wasn't going to be in school, and little Geography lesson could be learned.

Warm morning air and cold snowy grounds make haunting snow fog

From Fryeburg, overlooking Mt. Osceola, Mt. Hancock and Mt. Carrigain and Cranmore in there too


We swung by to see the official Mt. Washington Train station in North Conway. The boy wants to do this over the summer. I'm scared to death to ride that thing back DOWN the mountain!


Cranmore Mountain Ski area, right in the heart of North Conway


Overlooking the Kangamangus area - another overdue trip. I haven't been in years!

Our destination.... to be continued

Comments

  1. There's a town called Osceola in southern Iowa, about 35 mikes north of the southern border along I-35. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment