Quoddy Head Lighthouse and State Park - Lubec, Maine

I'm treating this as a February Flashback, all the way back to 2003 (has it really been 10 years already?) when we packed up the minivan, picked up my mom and headed to our rental to spend a week in nowhere land. Much more to come on that but first, I'm going to share with you part of Maine's incredible coastline.

Quoddy Head Lighthouse, also known as West Quoddy Head, keeps an eye on the Quoddy Narrows in the easternmost point of the United States. The Narrows is cold Atlantic ocean water flowing between Lubec and Campobello Island, Canada. 

The State Park has a set of trails that run along the rugged coastline and through coniferous forests filled with wildlife with sweeping views of Campobello and Grand Manan Island in Canada and out across the Atlantic. Here the tides rise 18 - 22' from dead low and it comes in quickly so you need to be prepared if you think you're going to venture far from the steps if the tide is coming in. I know from experience!! 

Below you can find some images from our trip way back then - set in late August/early September of 2003. Some of these images were taken via an old Sony Disc camera and my previous Canon 10D and they span across the entire week. I'm going to just let the photos do the talking. 

I can't wait to go back. 
























Comments