When you're a 40 something single mother of a teen with lots of ambition, you find yourself in all kinds of interesting adventures and situations. Come back to laugh at us any time you feel the need, heaven knows where we'll be doing what next. Here you can expect a few words, a lot of images and hopefully ideas on what you can do for your next adventure.

If you're looking for something specific that we've done or a place that we've been, use the Search Box feature to search our blog.

Thursday, February 27, 2014

Black Capped Chickadees

Nothing says Maine like a good old Black Capped Chickadee. These sweet little birds are not only the symbolic bird of Maine; that honor is also shared with Massachusetts and New Brunswick, Canada. They are a staple in my backyard, I've watched many a brood hatch and take flight from my nestboxes and I think that those same birds winter over here and start again in the spring - they are SO tame. My buddies. 


"Ummm, you gonna move on there pretty soon?"


"Yep - I just needed to shell out this last seed."

"I'm leaving - it's all yours!"

"Not sure what his hurry was, I was just asking when he was going to move."

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...