Keeping promises

One of my promises to myself for this year was to fill the back yard with feathered friends. Well, that was easier than I thought and how rewarding already. I am a little particular about the bird seed I use, and my favorite is Fancy Flight Fruit and Berry mix and I can only find it at one place - that meant a visit with Hardware Henry. I hadn't been in that place in a long time. I made the trip and found they stopped purchasing the larger bags (probably because I stopped going!) but they will now that I'm back. ;) I grabbed the only small bag they had and headed for home. 

I put up the feeders and filled them to the brim and sat back to wait. It didn't take long. The chickadees came in the following morning, the white breasted nuthatches right behind them. I'm just waiting for the rest of the crew to come on down but for now, I'm just in heaven watching those little bodies flit from feeder to feeder to feeder, snagging their catch and bee-lining it for the safety of the higher branches of the big pines to eat. 

At least I'm not fighting bluejays and squirrels - yet. Ugh. 

"Gosh lady - it's about time you put some food out again, where have you been?"




"Thank you, thank you, thank you! You (and that really good food) have been missed!"

Comments

  1. They've gotta be pretty happy to have that feeder stocked amidst the snow

    ReplyDelete
  2. They sure are! It's a madhouse out there this morning - so much activity, you can tell there is more bad weather headed our way!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment