When you're a 40 something single mother of a teen with lots of ambition, you find yourself in all kinds of interesting adventures and situations. Come back to laugh at us any time you feel the need, heaven knows where we'll be doing what next. Here you can expect a few words, a lot of images and hopefully ideas on what you can do for your next adventure.

If you're looking for something specific that we've done or a place that we've been, use the Search Box feature to search our blog.

Sunday, December 29, 2013

Flight patterns

I'm a little disappointed in myself. I was on a roll with the blogging thing and now here I am a month behind. Well, I'm back with my excuse.

My work sent me to Chattanooga for a few days in early December and it was a whirlwind trip. Reflecting back, I wish I could have made more out of it - we flew out of Portland @ 6:30 am Tuesday, and landed back on the frozen Maine earth at noon that Friday. We really got 2 1/2 days of office time and zero down time in between. I landed in that hotel room exhausted each night, the country girl smack dab in the middle of the city. I did discover some life-altering things - such as shrimp and grits and fried livers - that I will carry with me forever. And I vow to return when I have more time to play around. 

My hotel room view of the city

The thing I learned the most from this trip is how much I love to adventure. I think nothing of jumping on an airplane and feeling that tug in my stomach as we take off and land. I want more, can't afford it and will someday, but for now I guess it's local adventuring. Unless my work wants to send me someplace else. =) 

The 30,000 foot view. That is one massive snowstorm hitting the Great Lakes under us. 


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...