Flight patterns

I'm a little disappointed in myself. I was on a roll with the blogging thing and now here I am a month behind. Well, I'm back with my excuse.

My work sent me to Chattanooga for a few days in early December and it was a whirlwind trip. Reflecting back, I wish I could have made more out of it - we flew out of Portland @ 6:30 am Tuesday, and landed back on the frozen Maine earth at noon that Friday. We really got 2 1/2 days of office time and zero down time in between. I landed in that hotel room exhausted each night, the country girl smack dab in the middle of the city. I did discover some life-altering things - such as shrimp and grits and fried livers - that I will carry with me forever. And I vow to return when I have more time to play around. 

My hotel room view of the city

The thing I learned the most from this trip is how much I love to adventure. I think nothing of jumping on an airplane and feeling that tug in my stomach as we take off and land. I want more, can't afford it and will someday, but for now I guess it's local adventuring. Unless my work wants to send me someplace else. =) 

The 30,000 foot view. That is one massive snowstorm hitting the Great Lakes under us. 


Comments

  1. The best part is escaping wintery cold. Reminds me of a trip my college GF and I made from Iowa to Texas: we left fully bundled up and bought shorts by the time we got there. From 20 degrees to 70. It was heaven!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment