When you're a 40 something single mother of a teen with lots of ambition, you find yourself in all kinds of interesting adventures and situations. Come back to laugh at us any time you feel the need, heaven knows where we'll be doing what next. Here you can expect a few words, a lot of images and hopefully ideas on what you can do for your next adventure.

If you're looking for something specific that we've done or a place that we've been, use the Search Box feature to search our blog.

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Minnie's first public walk - the Eastern Trail


The day finally came when I could get Minnie close enough to put her in the truck - I swear ever time before that she was convinced that I was going to bring her to another place. She just hadn't gotten the memo that she was home. So I didn't think twice about just driving off with Minnie and Rollins in the back seat. She curled up into a nervous ball while Rollins paced back and forth whining and barking in his normal way.

We got to the Eastern Trail and it was relatively quiet - thank goodness - since I wanted to make sure that Minnie had a god chance to get used to being on a leash with a collar. So far she had done well, and she didn't disappoint me here either.

We walked all the way from the Black Point end of the trail back to the marsh, took a break then turned back. The leaves were gorgeous and the weather perfect - the only issues we had were joggers and bicycles, which Minnie apparently doesn't like and would get rather snarky as soon as they came near. I suppose if I had been locked up in a cage and never saw anything like that in my life, I would be a little snarky too. But that is nothing a little love and persuasion can't fix.

We pretty much had the whole path to ourselves

The marsh was incredible, so colorful


I just smelled the poop!


I believe I see a smile on that little face!



Let me get the squirrel mom!


Let's do that again!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...