When you're a 40 something single mother of a teen with lots of ambition, you find yourself in all kinds of interesting adventures and situations. Come back to laugh at us any time you feel the need, heaven knows where we'll be doing what next. Here you can expect a few words, a lot of images and hopefully ideas on what you can do for your next adventure.

If you're looking for something specific that we've done or a place that we've been, use the Search Box feature to search our blog.

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Walking the 'lines and dodging snowmobiles

It was Sunday, the Monkey with his dad. Rollins was being naughty because he was bored; barking, chewing on my shirt sleeves, chasing the cat and begging to go out every 5 minutes. It was supposed to be snowing, the forecast called for 'partly cloudy skies with snow showers' but I looked out - it was sunny and 35 degrees.

I put on my snow boots and grabbed the leash. We were going for a walk.

Not far from my house is a set of power lines. I've blogged about them before, they run Northeasternish to Southwesternish and are used heavily in the winter as a snowmobile passage as part of the ITS or the Interconnected Trail System as a highway to Sebago Lake. Rollins and I took the trek down the road to hit the trail and I almost wish I had grabbed my snowshoes, but the trail was packed down well enough and the snowmobilers were few and far between. It was an enjoyable walk on a sunny (snowy) day and I actually worked up a bit of a sweat on our 4 mile trip.

Needless to say, Rollins is sleeping peacefully in the big frumpy chair. My work here is done.

Mr. Obnoxious prior to the walk. I know, he needs exercise!

Can't you get him out of here? Jeez, he's a pest!

Proof that we made it to the other road ;)

The winter version of Wild Asters

Rollins does some trail breaking
 
Looks like deer have passed through here

Sleuthing, doggy style


A well broken path that runs....

Right to a well scraped branch, just antler height....

Imagine that someone would put a tree stand directly on the other side! 

Still a few Winterberries for the birds

Looks like someone is dragging their belly a little

Fox tracks, most likely

Mooom! Are you still taking pictures? C'mon!



Looks like a deer on the run

Yep, that was a good trip

My work here is through. 

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...