Red-Winged Blackbirds

Talked into another evening of fishing by the boy, I decided I would bring my camera and make myself busy waiting for him to catch his limit. I knew I was creating a monster by bringing him to that pond - but, I digress (as usual).

I found that this female Red-Winged Blackbird would appear from out of nowhere whenever I ambled along one certain side of the pond but didn't think much of it at first. Until the male showed up, and then they disappeared when I walked along further. 

Oh - I know better than that. 

A quick peek in the cat n' nine tails found a prize beyond what I had ever expected that evening. A small clutch of future. ♥

Hey lady - what are you looking at?


Honey! Come here, I think I need some help!


I'll distract her with my fancy feathers, don't worry



Ummm, she's still here.

Oh yeah - I found it. Look how well woven into the reeds it is?!

And three perfect little eggs





And we worry about our future? ♥ best of luck little guys!

Comments

  1. I think the females are really pretty, but of course that flash of red ...; }
    I think it is great you got to get a picture of the nest!!
    PS I would have a better camera if you decide what I should get ; }

    Mom

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment