When you're a 40 something single mother of a teen with lots of ambition, you find yourself in all kinds of interesting adventures and situations. Come back to laugh at us any time you feel the need, heaven knows where we'll be doing what next. Here you can expect a few words, a lot of images and hopefully ideas on what you can do for your next adventure.

If you're looking for something specific that we've done or a place that we've been, use the Search Box feature to search our blog.

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Red-Winged Blackbirds

Talked into another evening of fishing by the boy, I decided I would bring my camera and make myself busy waiting for him to catch his limit. I knew I was creating a monster by bringing him to that pond - but, I digress (as usual).

I found that this female Red-Winged Blackbird would appear from out of nowhere whenever I ambled along one certain side of the pond but didn't think much of it at first. Until the male showed up, and then they disappeared when I walked along further. 

Oh - I know better than that. 

A quick peek in the cat n' nine tails found a prize beyond what I had ever expected that evening. A small clutch of future. ♥

Hey lady - what are you looking at?


Honey! Come here, I think I need some help!


I'll distract her with my fancy feathers, don't worry



Ummm, she's still here.

Oh yeah - I found it. Look how well woven into the reeds it is?!

And three perfect little eggs





And we worry about our future? ♥ best of luck little guys!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...