When you're a 40 something single mother of a teen with lots of ambition, you find yourself in all kinds of interesting adventures and situations. Come back to laugh at us any time you feel the need, heaven knows where we'll be doing what next. Here you can expect a few words, a lot of images and hopefully ideas on what you can do for your next adventure.

If you're looking for something specific that we've done or a place that we've been, use the Search Box feature to search our blog.

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Spurwink River, Kettle Cove - January 7th

Continuing my wonderful day on the 7th, I snaked around from Higgins Beach towards the Cape Elizabeth area, stopping at the Spurwink River on my way through. I was pleasantly suprised by a Horned Grebe and a Red-Breasted Merganser. This was also where my mom and I, Christmas Eve day, had seen a Kingfisher swoop by and land for us to ogle over. I also spotted an unidentifyable bird - about the size of a cardinal but with what looked like dark streaks on it's belly. It almost looked like a Rose-Breasted Grosbeak, without the rose breast! Anyway, from there I stopped into Kettle Cove and Dyer Point, but locations provided Long-Tails, Eiders, Mergansers, and Common Goldeneyes, but Dyer Point also provided me with a lifer - a King Eider - floating just out of camera range to have the photograph make sense. I was SO excited!

Horned Grebe

Red-Breasted Merganser

The Odd Couple

I sure wish I knew what this darn thing was! Thoughts?



Kettle Cove




Fishing Boat off Dyer Point

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...