Spring Point Light - January 7th

There is hardly ever a time in my mind when Portland Harbor looks like a Millpond, but on this day it truly was. Smooth as silk the only movement in the bay were the boats, the birds and the seals. I was just going to swing in real quick, scan the bay and then head off to the next stop but something called me - something made me wonder what was on the other side of the Jetty.........

A lobsterman works his way back into port

While another, on it's mooring, reflects in the harbor

Fort Gorges with channel bouys and a lobster pot in the foreground

Spring Point Light and it's reflection


Spring Point Light, with Little Diamond Island behind it and Cousin's Island to the far left

My first suprise - Snow Buntings! Ahh - excitement! More in the next blog!!!


Another lobster boat on it's way in

Fort Williams shines it's beacon my way like a wink

A trawler, probably setting sail to go shrimping, rounds the light

The skies were darkening - time to move on

Comments

  1. I really enjoy getting out on Portland Harbor in my boat..cruising around all the islands..lots of fun. Never been out on it when it was flat calm like this though..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ney...These are great ...it sure was calm ...so when was it you said you was coming to get me
    to go with you???? lol ; }
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. PBM - I'm a little jealous, I used to be able to do that all the time. How fantastic would it be to see it so calm when the stripers are running?!

    GG - We have to get you back down here when it's not so darn cold! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment