When you're a 40 something single mother of a teen with lots of ambition, you find yourself in all kinds of interesting adventures and situations. Come back to laugh at us any time you feel the need, heaven knows where we'll be doing what next. Here you can expect a few words, a lot of images and hopefully ideas on what you can do for your next adventure.

If you're looking for something specific that we've done or a place that we've been, use the Search Box feature to search our blog.

Monday, January 16, 2012

Snow Buntings!

So here I am, day tripping all by myself and having a lovely day. I'm at Spring Point Lighthouse and almost didn't bother to take the walk to see what was around. As I'm walking up to the stairs to the Jetty, I hear a 'twerdling' noise that make my head jerk up. I know that sound. I know that sound! Where are they??? I start looking all around me and then, just to my left - there they were. Six beautiful Snow Buntings, almost close enough to touch. I picked up my camera thinking that I would get one snap and they would take off. No, they didn't. They primped, they preened, they took baths in the snow. They sang, they chased each other and they never did seem to care that I was there.

This rates right up there with some of the coolest things I've ever seen.





















LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...