Snow Buntings!

So here I am, day tripping all by myself and having a lovely day. I'm at Spring Point Lighthouse and almost didn't bother to take the walk to see what was around. As I'm walking up to the stairs to the Jetty, I hear a 'twerdling' noise that make my head jerk up. I know that sound. I know that sound! Where are they??? I start looking all around me and then, just to my left - there they were. Six beautiful Snow Buntings, almost close enough to touch. I picked up my camera thinking that I would get one snap and they would take off. No, they didn't. They primped, they preened, they took baths in the snow. They sang, they chased each other and they never did seem to care that I was there.

This rates right up there with some of the coolest things I've ever seen.





















Comments

  1. Hi Nay...I would be so excited...I would hope I would think to pick up the camera..lol
    These are fantastic...lucky you!
    Why couldn't that happen when I was with you ...maybe because we talk to much ; }
    ♥ Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such cool photos. I would be so excited to see these little guys, have never seen them before. Came over from your Mom's blog to say hello. You have a wonderful blog and I look forward to coming back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha GG - I did some seriously fumbling at first and then just couldn't believe they were there and noone else around me even noticed them! Some day we'll get lucky when you're here! :)

    Thanks Denise - I heard you had a fabulous visit with mom, she really enjoyed your company! Welcome aboard, come back to visit soon! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment