Eastern Trail - January 7th

Saturday January 7th, 2012. We should have 3' of snow by now with the temps in the teens. When I left the house that morning there was a scant trace of snow from the previous day and it was pushing 40 degrees. I wasn't in the mood to go far, do much - I knew I had other things pressing to meet deadlines.... Little League By-Laws and Agendas needed to be created, the "Outlet" needed to have items put on sale, the house needed cleaning. I decided I would just make a quick trip to see what I could see and then head back home.

Once I hit the Eastern Trail, I knew I was in trouble. The snow was melting fast, the air was warm and still, the tide was high and on it's way out and it was a most beautiful day. In my mind, I was formulating how the rest of my day-trip would pan out. I breathed in the fresh salt-marsh air and walked 1 1/2 miles down to the treeline and back. Surprisingly enough, the trail was very quiet - not many people had figured out how nice it was I suppose.

My sightings: An old fishing lure, Barrows and Common Goldeneye, a Common Loon, The DownEaster train service, Mallards, Black Ducks, the Eastern Railroad train, three chocolate labs, Canadian Geese, Black Backed and Herring Gulls, a few bikes and a couple of joggers.

Next stop, the Pine Point Co-Op......

 
Someone tossed their line in the wrong direction...

Common Goldeneye
Black Duck in flight





The Downeaster rumbles through the marsh

So peaceful and quiet!





Canadian Geese





Comments

  1. Hi Ney...Love these especially the fishing lure hahaha ..nice one to!!
    See your Etsy...looks great!!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment