When you're a 40 something single mother of a teen with lots of ambition, you find yourself in all kinds of interesting adventures and situations. Come back to laugh at us any time you feel the need, heaven knows where we'll be doing what next. Here you can expect a few words, a lot of images and hopefully ideas on what you can do for your next adventure.

If you're looking for something specific that we've done or a place that we've been, use the Search Box feature to search our blog.

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Comfort food - Refridgerator Muffins

There are certain things from your childhood that immediately brings you back to a specific place and time. One of those things for me is Refridgerator Muffins. My mom never told us how good they were for us, she just made up a batch, kept it in the 'fridge and popped those puppies in the oven for a warm yummy breakfast. The truth is that this recipe contains All Bran and Shredded Wheat so you get a double bang for your buck. I love the fact that I can just turn on the oven, scoop out 6 muffins and toss them in the over for Monkey to have a quick and easy breakfast, just like I used to. ♥

I promise to post a picture of the completed muffins as soon as I whip up a batch. :)

Refridgerator Muffins

4 Shredded Wheat biscuits
2 Cups All Bran
1/2 Cup boiling water

Crumble biscuits into a large bowl, add Bran and boiling water and toss well.

2 Cups sugar
1 Cup shortening (I prefer butter flavored)
4 Eggs

Cream together in a seperate bowl, then add to the cereal mixture.

5 Cups flour
5 Teaspoons Baking Soda
1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
2 Teaspoons Salt

Sift together and then add to creamed mix alternately with 1 Quart of Buttermilk.

Place mixed batter into the refridgerator and let set overnight. To bake, add to muffin liners or a greased muffin pan and bake in a 350 degree oven for about 15-20 minutes. Discard mixture if not used within seven days.

We like to add stuff to the muffins, such as chocolate or cinnamon chips, blueberries, sliced banana - you get the drift, try some of your own varieties!

Ahh, the original 'Fridge muffin!

I keep the batter in large Ziploc containers

I usually make six at a time, his majesty eats 4, I get the remainder.

I sprinkle the chips on the top of the batter, then push them in with a fork. Then I sprinkle a few on top. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...