Comfort food - Refridgerator Muffins

There are certain things from your childhood that immediately brings you back to a specific place and time. One of those things for me is Refridgerator Muffins. My mom never told us how good they were for us, she just made up a batch, kept it in the 'fridge and popped those puppies in the oven for a warm yummy breakfast. The truth is that this recipe contains All Bran and Shredded Wheat so you get a double bang for your buck. I love the fact that I can just turn on the oven, scoop out 6 muffins and toss them in the over for Monkey to have a quick and easy breakfast, just like I used to. ♥

I promise to post a picture of the completed muffins as soon as I whip up a batch. :)

Refridgerator Muffins

4 Shredded Wheat biscuits
2 Cups All Bran
1/2 Cup boiling water

Crumble biscuits into a large bowl, add Bran and boiling water and toss well.

2 Cups sugar
1 Cup shortening (I prefer butter flavored)
4 Eggs

Cream together in a seperate bowl, then add to the cereal mixture.

5 Cups flour
5 Teaspoons Baking Soda
1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
2 Teaspoons Salt

Sift together and then add to creamed mix alternately with 1 Quart of Buttermilk.

Place mixed batter into the refridgerator and let set overnight. To bake, add to muffin liners or a greased muffin pan and bake in a 350 degree oven for about 15-20 minutes. Discard mixture if not used within seven days.

We like to add stuff to the muffins, such as chocolate or cinnamon chips, blueberries, sliced banana - you get the drift, try some of your own varieties!

Ahh, the original 'Fridge muffin!

I keep the batter in large Ziploc containers

I usually make six at a time, his majesty eats 4, I get the remainder.

I sprinkle the chips on the top of the batter, then push them in with a fork. Then I sprinkle a few on top. :)

Comments

  1. Hey Nay,,,my goodness they look so good...can we have memory revise ..you make some for the next time I am there!!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment