First Sebago trip of the season

Father's day, to me, means as much as Mother's day. I'm a mother and a father almost all the time, so I soak up both days as my own. For Father's day this year, the monkey and I snuck over to Sebago State Park for our first trip there of the year. The water was downright fridgid thanks to all the cool, rainy days we've had leading up until the date. It didn't stop the Monkey from jumping right in! We stamped the park pass for Sebago and walked the trails, then we swung into the Songo Lock to watch a few boats pass and stamp the book there too. All in all, another good time out for the monkey and me. :)

Brrrr!




Stamping the pass at the Songo Lock

Look! A deer!

Sitting on one of the swinging arms, giving his mother a heart attack


Swinging the bridge to allow the boats to pass

Monkey keeps an eye on the boats for the wardens ;)


Checking out the local fishing to see if they had caught anything

Comments

  1. ...this place looks gorgeous! The first photo really captures the "feel" of a cold, clear water.... I'll have to look Sebago up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a huge lake Kelly, the water is always clear and cool. :) I have another blog coming tomorrow for Tassel Top Beach - that's on the same lake. We are lucky to live so close to places like this!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment