Is it Palm Sunday? Returning Palm Warblers

I have to admit - I've heard the Palm Warblers singing here all summer long, but I've never 'seen' one in the back yard. Today I was raking up where the dog had been all winter (ahem) and saw a movement out of the corner of my eye. I stopped and thought it must be a Junco (they are everywhere lately!) and went to return to my chores. Then it wagged it's tail. Juncos don't wag their tails, Warblers do. I squinted to look closer. My eyesight is getting worse with time and to be honest, I should be wearing glasses full time. I gave up and went in the house to get the binoculars. A quick lookup concluded that it was, indeed, a Palm Warbler. Imagine that. I got my camera and snuck out on the back lawn, creeping closer and closer. That's when I realized there were three of them hopping along looking for bugs. Very, very cool.





Comments

  1. Hey Ney...I had one of those on the lawn yesterday too....my photo aren't anything like your but I did get one...thanks now I know what it was!!lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful bird! I love seeing different kinds of warblers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They came in droves last weekend! I have a Pine warbler serenading me through the screen door right now.

    I love warblers too Mary, so many different kinds and seeing them is like finding treasure - they are such sneaky birds~

    Thanks Bill! I'm so pleased I got a chance to get them!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment