The opening of Sebago Lake - pull those ice shacks!

The recent warm spell we've had is putting the pressure on our ice fisherman. A few weeks back, at this same spot, ice shacks peppered the surface of Sebago Lake for as far as the eye could see. On this day, I needed a pair of binoculars and spotted a few, but not many. The dots you see on the ice in the pictures are fisherman and their sleds used to pull equipment. There is only one spot where you can reach the ice from the shoreline, since there is a swath of open water about 10' from the sandy beach to the actual ice. Ice fishing for me? Nah, I'll pass. Thanks.




The cove where the stream feeds in is almost wide open. Brrr that water looks cold!

Comments

  1. Hey Ney..Yeah...melt!!!
    I believe there is a challenge there or a fine!! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am heading out ice fishing this weekend for the last time . . . better bring my life jacket. lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Mr. Rabid - you might want to consider a Gumby suit. :) This one might work well.

    http://www.reddenmarine.com/site/images/II1409A-lrg.jpg

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment