Snow Day visitors

It started with about 20 Juncos. Then the Goldfinches showed up, followed by the Bluejays, Chickadees, Titmouse family, Mourning Doves, the Red and White Breasted Nutchatches, the Hairy and Downy woodpeckers and Cardinals. I was surprised to see three Ravens hanging in the back yard, but they didn't bother much. Then later on, half a dozen American Tree Sparrows arrived under the feeder to hang out, followed by four White-Winged Crossbills who stopped long enough to get harassed by the Goldfinches and took off lickety-split. Hopefully they found some place to eat without being bothered! My backyard was in constant movement almost all day, and I was a gracious host. I think you all know how much I love me birdies.

The only Blue Jay who was brave enough to come close to the house.

The Juncos were adorable today.

You can tell the snow was really coming down at this point. That didn't deter Timmy!

One of the Goldfinches lit on the piece of Christmas tree I tied to the porch

The Ravens looked ominous hanging out in the back yard

You watch that way, and I'll watch this way.

Timmy finds a seed


So sweet! The snow had slowed for a few minutes at this point

Gregarious little buggers - they were really fiesty in the afternoon

MINE!

Busy feeder space

Then suddenly - there was an American Tree Sparrow.

So we're flying down through Canada and we stop at the US border crossing and I realize that I left my passport back at the nest in Anchorage. I just knew it was only going to get ugly from then on....

Comments

  1. Lovely seeing your "snow birds!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ney...these are great...love the two Raven's... to funny the Goldfinch one title Mine should be back of with that breathe!! hahahah!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment