When you're a 40 something single mother of a teen with lots of ambition, you find yourself in all kinds of interesting adventures and situations. Come back to laugh at us any time you feel the need, heaven knows where we'll be doing what next. Here you can expect a few words, a lot of images and hopefully ideas on what you can do for your next adventure.

If you're looking for something specific that we've done or a place that we've been, use the Search Box feature to search our blog.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Overnight visitors

Saturday morning wake-up call came with chilly toes on the hardwood floor. I peeked at the temperature - at the time is was -5 or close to. It wasn't until I got coffee in me that I realized I should take a picture of the thermometer.

As the day was warming up and I was sipping my coffee peering out the window, I noticed a disturbance in the snow that I didn't remember being there the day before. I got out the binocs and realized that the deer had been all through the back yard during the night.

During my ritualistic 8:00 AM weekend call to 'Grammie G' I was explaining the new tracks to her when I noticed a white flag and movement in the woods - those deer must have been seriously hungry, because they were within a hundred yards of the house in broad daylight.

Later in the day, between building a snow park and cleaning up the yard, I walked the yard to see just who had been in the back yard..... this is what I saw.


Brrrrr - and this was later in the morning

Looks like a mouse went that way....

Gut instinct says.... Junco.

The deer were eating the tops of last year's saplings

Who's been walking in my tracks?

I love how the sun sparkles on fresh snow

Instead of 'crop circles' these are 'deer circles'



They were smart to stay in our snowshoe tracks

Bluejay, I say


Monkey and I deliberated over this for awhile and decided it was created by..... aliens.

Someone's crawl space - probably filled with acorns

Are these the deer that tracked up our fresh snow?

More mousey tracks


And that's the scoop. I mean poop.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...