First snow of the season

Ok, it wasn't a complete dumping but we did get our first snowfall of the winter on Friday.

After spending my Thanksgiving doing pretty much nothing except relaxing (remember? we had our turkey day last weekend) the monkey came home with the exciting news - we were going to get snow. It's a wonder he even fell asleep Thursday night, that part doesn't matter.

At 5:30 AM he plowed through my bedroom door and woke me abruptly. It had snowed, I needed to wake up and we needed to put up Christmas decorations. I glanced outside, it hadn't stuck to the grass but it had adhered to the driveway and back porch - enough to consider it a 'snowfall' and add a little festiveness to the holiday season.

We had the house pretty much decorated by 10:00, so I made the monkey work on a puzzle while I took a shower and got ready to do groceries. When we returned, Billy was waiting for us so he could come to our house to play. Bubster was here by early afternoon and the boys played football for the rest of the day while I cleaned up, finished the decorating and put together a new Christmas playlist on Rhapsody. It's a wonder the birds kept coming to the back porch with all that racket going on.

Monkey left for his fathers Friday evening and I promply returned the other two to their charges. I turned on the lights and cranked up the music. Already in my house, it's beginning to look alot like Christmas.


What the heck is going on in there?

Our 'dusting' of snow


I finished the puzzle in less than an hour mom! (seriously, he did)

Billy explains how well he's kicking Monkey's buttocks at Madden 06'

What the heck is going on in there?

Sounds like World War III in that house, I'm staying back here

Mr. Titmouse enjoys some late day sun, away from the boys

Comments