When you're a 40 something single mother of a teen with lots of ambition, you find yourself in all kinds of interesting adventures and situations. Come back to laugh at us any time you feel the need, heaven knows where we'll be doing what next. Here you can expect a few words, a lot of images and hopefully ideas on what you can do for your next adventure.

If you're looking for something specific that we've done or a place that we've been, use the Search Box feature to search our blog.

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Soccer seclusion

I think I might have told you all I was enrolling the monkey into travel soccer this past summer. I thought it would be great for him - you know, the kids from our neighboring towns could be playing against him in high school! Lot's of different people to meet, new friends - yeah, that sounds great!

I have been to two practices per week and up to three games in one day (sometimes four a weekend) in the last month and a half and man, let me tell you that we've both beel sleeping like babies. I saw the monkey grow and change and learn the game and how it's supposed to be played, instead of the 'Seagulls on a French Fry' mentality and he played as a Forward for half the game and goalie the other half.

Our last games are on Sunday - all Hallows day - all three of them and then we're done until next year. I did sign him up for indoor soccer this winter, but it's one night a week on the weekends. We're going to try juggling in basketball as well, I think after this I could handle that. The league has made me an offer to be their photographer for next year in lieu of entry fees. I'm still thinking about that one. :)



 The windup......

....and the kick. People were amazed at how far he could kick the ball as a goalie. If they only knew how many times I yelled out the door for him to quit kicking that ball over the house, they would understand.





Uh - he threw a shoe! See it? Right between the boys heads. Now, if he would TIE his shoes instead of jamming his feet into his cleats, this wouldn't happen. =o) 

 Run buddy, RUN!

But it wasn't all hard work, here monkey plays with a team mates little sister.

And they cheered on other teams within their league

And got to hold a really cute little baby

He's asking for a little brother or sister again now - oye!

And hang out with new friends

And paint his hair green for tournaments

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...