Red-Shouldered hawks visit the backyard

I was quietly sitting in my livingroom watching a little TV back on the 24th when I heard this racket in the back yard that made the hair on the back of my neck stand up. By the time I figured out what it was I thought it would be too late. I was wrong. There was either a mother Red-Shouldered Hawk with her three young, or mom and dad with two - I couldn't tell. I know there were four birds, the one in the forefront and the rest a little less in view.

I believe mom was screaming for this one to get out of plain sight, I know she knew I was right there.

"I have no idea what mom is screaming about, noone can see me sitting here!"

You can see the light and dark tail bars showing plain as day

"Nothing in the feeders, I wonder why?"

"Maybe that other lady up the street has something in her feeders"

Comments

  1. Hey!! Great excitement for and otherwise decouraging weekend!!
    I bet that make you forget that fever and sore throat!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment