Ferry Beach on very warm end of August afternoon

Our Sunday was a busy one. It was the day before school starts, the first soccer game of the season and photo shoot day with a woman I work with who is very pregnant. It was also in the high 80's low 90's for the most part, another absolutely gorgeous day.

The photo shoot was supposed to take place at Kettle Cove, but with the high tide in place and the warm temps, I opted to swing over to Ferry beach instead. We slid into respective parking spaces and was done within 20 minutes with much sweat and tears - no blood thank goodness.

I had brought along our beach towels, I knew better. The boy was soaking wet before I had started taking photographs! We were there for about 2 1/2 hours, it was lovely in comparison to the wall of heat we drove back into on our way home. I think it was a great way to spend the day before school starts if you ask me!



A woman near the shoreline watching her babies bathing in the calm water


Beach Monkey



Ha! And we thought Sammie was a moose!







Monkey found a Hermit Crab!





Shorebirds in flight

Paddling into the sunset

Comments

  1. Those photos capture the waning summer perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jayne, it really was a beautiful evening. Wish I were there right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nay...love the shiloutte(SP) pictures!
    Glad you guys took a little down time before today and school starting!!
    I feel so bad for the kids its so hot!!
    Buses rolled by here this morning to!
    Tryed to call about 8:05 but no answer wanted to wish Zack a good day!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment