Escaping the heat: Jump for your lives!

Part three of our escape from the heat (I can't wait to read these this winter when it's too cold to go outside!).

While on the Eastern trail, we were ambushed by a group of young men jogging who stopped abruptly on the bridge and eyeballed us on the way by. Now I know why. First I thought they were crazy for jogging in such heat, until I realized their final result. I laughed out loud with them....










Now - mind you - these gentlemen are jumping into the icy Atlantic tidal water, not your backyard pool. I can't imagine how cold it must have been, especially after the workout they had just completed! They didn't seem to care.
























Monkey stopped to watch them as they jumped over and over and over again. I suppose he was wishing that he too could someday jump off a bridge, just because someone told him to.

Comments