Escaping the heat: Eastern Trail and Scarborough Marsh

August 4th - 80 degrees in the evening. Yes, I'm complaining again, welcome to part two of our evening to escape the heat.

After hitting Duck Pond, we made our way to the Scarborough Marsh to walk the Eastern Trail. We did so, it was warm and humid but the sea breeze was fantastic. Well, here's the proof:

A bumblebee works some Crown Vetch along the side of the trail





Monkey is not to be outdone by some 'grass'

Rosehips

Berries in the making. I know what they are, but right now the name escapes me!



Honeysuckle berries

The Marsh, from the Audobon Society canoe launch

My handsome man

Canoes just screaming to be ridden



The South side of Rt 9

Blue Herons in the distance



Comments

  1. Hey Ney!! Great shots girl ...I couldn't pick a favorite if I had too....with the exception of my grandson of course!!
    I am hoping we get some relief from the heat over the weekend .....I think I caught the weatherman say something about fortys at night...but that could be in northern Maine...you know those little between show blurps they love to make you say "What"..( Hi I'm Joe Cuppo...May see lows dipping into the fortys stay tuned for more at 11:00)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I'm picturing Gina's mom in the rocking chair....

    (rocking feverishly in her rocking chair, bathrobe and curlers) "Gosh darn Joe Cupo!"

    I'm looking forward to the cooler weather. Good thing you didn't travel up north, you might have been stuck in a blizzard.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment