Almost independence day, for Chickadee babies

The time is getting close for the last of my Chickadee families to fledge the nest. With the past three days pushing 90 degrees and the end of the high heat and humidity lasting until Sunday from what I hear, I can't imagine what it would be like to have warm feathered bodies in a little nestbox. Luckily, this one is in the shade. I also can't imagine being the feeder of those hungry little critters!

Mrs. B and her four little eggs must be having a time of it as well, she doesn't have alot of sitting time lately. If nothing else, she's probably doing alot of fanning to keep them cool!

June 26th - such sweet sleepy little babies!

Fuzzy and still cute.... feed me!

July 1st - look at the pin feathers! And this one's eye is wide open...

Mr. Ruby-Throated Hummingbird takes a break

I'm impressed, they never sit still long enough to get a picture, let alone two!

How's it going in there? An air conditioner? Where am I going to come up with the money for that?

Mmphtmsfmt :) It's a good thing the Red Squirrels are cute.

Comments

  1. I hope my little bluebird eggs dont cook in this heat...and the swallow has a neat of eggs to!!!
    Your babies are so cute ..poor Mom and Dad have there work cut out for them!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment