Odds n' ends

My computer decided to go on the blitz earlier this month, right after I got on a blogging roll. After much diagnosis and detect and repair, I finally realized that my hard drive was having a hard time chugging along. Go figure - my computer is just over a year old and running on VISTA.  After I moved all my photographs onto disks, the dinosaur started to behave a little better. Much research revealed that the VISTA platform is notorious for hogging resources and not playing nicely with other resource hogs. I went out and bought an external hard drive, made a backup of my drive and started housing my photographs and music on that and low and behold - my computer is a happy camper again. For now. At least I can get back to blogging again!

June has been an incredible month with lots of sunshine, fantastic days and a few rain showers in between. I picked up my big wish-list item - a riding lawnmower - a few weeks ago. My lawn has never looked so good. The Red Sox are finally on a roll, making my evenings enjoyable as I pass the time. I've been filling the feeders for the squirrels and chipmunks it seems, with a passing Grackle, Cowbird and Red-Winged Black Bird grazing with the Mourning Doves. Many babies are showing up lately, including the Bluebirds, Chipping Sparrows, Chickadees, Hairy Woodpeckers and Blackbirds. They are funny to watch as they learn the hierarchy of the feeders and what they can and can't get their claws into, to include the metal Shepard Hooks I have the feeders hanging from. It felt like summer long before the first day of summer was officially crossed off the calendar.  

Here are some photographs that I was holding out on downloading, I suppose it's all worth while. I have much more to blog about too, hopefully the 'puter will hold up so I can get more news to you! :)



The day the Tiger Swallowtails graced us with their presence in the backyard

At one with nature 

Mr Cool in his really cool pool. Seriously, I had just filled it!

Just following a series of storms that touched a tornado down to our north



The last game of the season - man was it hot that evening!

Finishing out his debut in AAA Majors as catcher. Next? Soccer!


 Evening Primrose

 Bellflower

Ready for his corporate debut, showing off some hand-me-down clip on ties.

Comments