The Bluebird chronicals, continued.........

The big, fat Bluebird babies finally fledged on June 1st - just after a day of my complaining through blogging that they would never come out. I lost sight of the five babies until one morning about a week later - there were all five of them sitting in the large Oak out front, Mr and Mrs B not far behind. Now I see them on a regular basis, flitting and flirting with the bugs in the back yard - mom and dad still in tow - but not for much longer.... I busted Mrs. B in the juniper nestbox on the 23rd and upon further inspection, she's built herself another nest. It's incredible to watch her babies using her new box as a launching pad for bugging, as she pokes her head out encouraging them with warbles of wisdom. ♥

Mrs. B eyes me suspiciously as I try to find her babies in the thick growth


 Always a watchful eye on the babies

 Four of the five fledglings - one week after leaving the nestbox
  

21 days post leaving the nest, the babies are not babies anymore - fully capable of feeding themselves




 "Where did that bug go? I know it was right here?!"




 Mom and Dad watch the feeding frenzy show

 In a ninja move by Mrs. B, she sits in the box on a completed nest! How cool - two broods!

Mr. B wing-waves to the wife and kids, and a goodbye to you. Just for now. :)

Comments

  1. I'm glad to see you got your computer fixed. It's really great that your bluebirds are renesting. Your yard will be busting with bluebirds by the end of the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and me too - I was totally lost for awhile there! My yard is already flashing with blue everywhere I look, I can't imagine if she had another 4-5 babies! ♥ Thanks Steve!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment