When you're a 40 something single mother of a teen with lots of ambition, you find yourself in all kinds of interesting adventures and situations. Come back to laugh at us any time you feel the need, heaven knows where we'll be doing what next. Here you can expect a few words, a lot of images and hopefully ideas on what you can do for your next adventure.

If you're looking for something specific that we've done or a place that we've been, use the Search Box feature to search our blog.

Monday, May 24, 2010

The resurrection of the Lady Slippers

Monkey and I were walking the other morning and I found two pink Lady Slippers growing in the ditch across the street. It made me excited, I knew they were around, but hadn't seen any in a few years. Further up the road we found a patch that contained at least ten or more - never seen them growing there before! They've been cutting the trees on the sides of the road lately, I was a little concerned that they would get wiped out......

Then I decided to take a walk out back and lo n' behold - mine were back too. I found four more growing in my own back yard. Perhaps the weather conditions have been perfect this spring? I hope it happens again next year then!












LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...