The resurrection of the Lady Slippers

Monkey and I were walking the other morning and I found two pink Lady Slippers growing in the ditch across the street. It made me excited, I knew they were around, but hadn't seen any in a few years. Further up the road we found a patch that contained at least ten or more - never seen them growing there before! They've been cutting the trees on the sides of the road lately, I was a little concerned that they would get wiped out......

Then I decided to take a walk out back and lo n' behold - mine were back too. I found four more growing in my own back yard. Perhaps the weather conditions have been perfect this spring? I hope it happens again next year then!












Comments

  1. OOOH!!! Very lucky you....they are gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those flowers are really neat. I don't have them anywhere near me and have only seen them a couple of times in my life. Isn't it great to find something you thought was gone? Almost as much fun as finding it for the first time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are odd plants, I can mark a spot where they came up this year and not see them again for a few years. Or, they could pop up 5 to 10 feet away! :) So many this year - I saw them in both places on our 'Adventure Sunday'. Must be the perfect conditions this spring..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely, simply lovely. I saw a white one a couple of years ago and near here a clump that had 18 flowers in it. AWESOME! Your photos are beautiful, RRR

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment