When you're a 40 something single mother of a teen with lots of ambition, you find yourself in all kinds of interesting adventures and situations. Come back to laugh at us any time you feel the need, heaven knows where we'll be doing what next. Here you can expect a few words, a lot of images and hopefully ideas on what you can do for your next adventure.

If you're looking for something specific that we've done or a place that we've been, use the Search Box feature to search our blog.

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Hummingbirds with Attitude



What are YOU looking at?!

On top of all the other arrivals I've had lately, the Ruby-Throated Hummingbird is one of my favorites. I haven't been putting out feeders over the years, but plopped one up last year. I didn't think it was used much then - this guy found it right away this year and made my day. I just love how they buzz in from out of nowhere, drink heavily, then buzz back out. Reminds me of boys drinking beers at a beach cabana.


When he first stopped by, he sat on this perch for a good five minutes. He must have just flown in.


Taking a break from slurping for a second or two 



 Buzzzz! Off he goes!




I haven't had a chance to snag a photo op of Mrs. H.... yet.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...