Backyard shenanigins on a Sunday

It was definitely a beautiful weekend, with both days hitting the 80's in my neck of the woods. The wild weather in the south definitely drove birds northward, I saw my first Oriole and droves of warblers and sparrows yesterday. After I got the lawns mowed the Tree Swallows, Bluebirds and Chipping sparrows took over and cleaned up some of the bugs. Me? I sat on the back porch and enjoyed the warmth and the show.

Myrtle Warbler

The Chipping Sparrow shows how to dive into a meal!

Mr. B from one of this favorite perches

The daily Sharp-Shinned hawk fly-by

After the neighbor worked so hard to sow all those oats, the sparrows decided to help him clean up! There were at least 50 varying species out there, to inlcude white-throated, song and chipping sparrows.

Even Mrs. B decided to scope out the goods

But needed to hurry back to her nest

The Purple Finch

Getting ready to take a little bath...

Spring fever is hanging from the screen

Baby daffodils









Comments

  1. Sounds like you had a great weekend. We had two days of storms and over 4 inches of rain. Not the best conditions for getting outside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great! The birds are so busy right now building nests and looking for food for babies that I think we are all seeing more variety than usual. Love the warbler! I so seldom see them, that I was really thrilled to finally spot a couple at the wetlands. Beautiful spring flowers!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment