So much for 3-5" - we've got us a January blowout!

Now, don't get me wrong - I love my weather people. Our local forecasters are only providing the information available to them at the time the forecast is made and can't predict the future. Last night they were talking 3 - 5" for our area. This morning I woke up with 9", and we're up to 14" at last check. Thank goodness the neighbors across the street plowed us out, I was hurting after shoveling a 10'x10' area! It's still snowing and doesn't look like it's going to end any time soon.




It's keeping the Bluejays and Chickadees hopping on the feeder front and the Mourning Doves and Juncos are vaccuuming those seeds that fall to the ground.  We've been visited by the Red and White Breasted Nuthatches as well as the Downy and Hairy Woodpeckers. A few American Tree Sparrows were here earlier but have disappeared, and I heard the Common Redpolls in the woods while we were out earlier. Yesterday I had two female White-Winged Crossbills hanging with the Goldfinches - an odd pairing but I wonder where they are today? I'll keep an eye out this afternoon, I'm sure they'll be back (the Goldfinches always are!).


The Buxton version of 3 - 5"


The Juncos were here before daylight this morning


Holy cow Martha, don't be such a pig!








Snowshoes, just waiting to be used











Sammie ♥ the snow




Comments