When you're a 40 something single mother of a teen with lots of ambition, you find yourself in all kinds of interesting adventures and situations. Come back to laugh at us any time you feel the need, heaven knows where we'll be doing what next. Here you can expect a few words, a lot of images and hopefully ideas on what you can do for your next adventure.

If you're looking for something specific that we've done or a place that we've been, use the Search Box feature to search our blog.

Saturday, January 2, 2010

The Seed Wreath



My ingenious creation a few years ago. I have a chip n' dip bowl that is made out of plastic. It was the fall of 2002, I went out back of the old house in Gorham where we had wild roses and cranberries growing and picked a whole bunch and froze them in preparation. Around January, I filled the chip bowl 1/2 way with water and filled it with a wild bird seed mix and stuck it in the freezer. After it was pretty much set, I did another 1/2" of water on top of that and added cranberries and more bird seed, then stuck the rose hips in the top and let it freeze for a good 24 hours.


Ya know, that thing lasted forever - well, at least until April. There was hardly anything left to it one it finally melted completely. The birds loved it! :) I haven't done one since moving in here, I don't have room in the chest freezer! I might have to make an effort, I guess. I need to find some berries first~

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...