Another day, another inch of snow

Another storm hit us yesterday and was supposed to stop around midnight last night. Well, it's still snowing off and on and hasn't really stopped all day. I would say my three day total is somewhere around 20". Methinks my next present to myself will be a rain/snow gauge, just for grins and chucks. Then I won't have to guess how much precipitation we've gotten. Maybe then I can be one of the backyard observers for the weather channel!

I will not complain about one thing, it's 5:50 and still light enough out to see around outside. Now THAT makes me a happy person. Every minute we gain brings us closer to spring!

All that snow made it an interesting day at the feeders, that's for sure. I had some oldies-but-goodies emerge from the woodwork to join in with the regulars and they ate heartily and happily, all 17 species. Some photographs are below, following by my E-Bird listing:


 I love it when the Goldfinches come to visit!


 So many Mourning Doves today!


 Someone's nest must have been cold last night!


 Blue Jay


 There were two Brown Creepers all over the big pines today


 One of the Tufted Titmouse


 My neighbors apple tree, which is apparently attracting the Robins and Waxwings


 Can I please come play in your feeder?


 The Mourning Doves are getting fat!




Mourning Dove 20
Downy Woodpecker 4
Hairy Woodpecker 2
Pileated Woodpecker 1
Blue Jay 30
Common Raven 2
Black-capped Chickadee 12
Tufted Titmouse 6
Red-breasted Nuthatch 2
White-breasted Nuthatch 4
Brown Creeper 2
American Robin 8
Cedar Waxwing 5
Dark-eyed Junco (Slate-colored) 12
Common Redpoll 3
Pine Siskin 6
American Goldfinch 10

Comments