When you're a 40 something single mother of a teen with lots of ambition, you find yourself in all kinds of interesting adventures and situations. Come back to laugh at us any time you feel the need, heaven knows where we'll be doing what next. Here you can expect a few words, a lot of images and hopefully ideas on what you can do for your next adventure.

If you're looking for something specific that we've done or a place that we've been, use the Search Box feature to search our blog.

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Snow day - December 9th

Ok, so I'm a few days late to report. Wednesday was the first substantial snowfall for the winter season, enough so to call off school for half the countryside. I got the notification that SAD6 had closed shortly before 6:00 am and looked out the window - not a stitch of snow to be seen. Monkey clambered into my bed and I gave him the grave news - he just about exploded with happiness.

It started around 7:00 am and didn't let up until after we went to bed. By 3:00 in the afternoon, we easily had ten inches of white stuff - then it turned over to rain. And rain it did - absolutely pouring at times. Thanks goodness my crazies across the street plowed up the drive a few turns!

Manboob guy: "you want me to run a pass up your driveway?"
Me: "Um, not really. Of course I do you stupid idiot! Do you think I enjoy shoveling?" (ok, that's what I was thinking in my head)
Me - really this time: "That would be heavenly! Thank you SO MUCH!"

Monkey spent more time outside than inside and saturated three entire sets of outerwear (snow pants, jackets, hats, mittens/gloves). He loved every minute of it, as did I.






































Exhausted.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...