An Ode to the Solstice

Dear Mr. Solstice, please bring back the light?
I really don't feel up for much of a fight.

See, the darkness it comes just a bit too early,
I have to admit that I'm getting quite surly.

I've been oh so patient to wait for this day
It seemed like years, Lord don't take it away!

From here on out, may daylight be longer
Give the sun a boost so it's rays get stronger

Give me the strength too, since winter takes forever
To keep my mind, body and soul working together.




Yes - that was my little peom and my picture as well. :)

Comments

  1. Oh, tres amusing! Love your profile. The banner shot is lovely. You take some great photos. What do you shoot with?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I was really bored this weekend and gave it an overhauling. :)

    I use a Canon d10 that's pushing ten years old. If I remember right, it's rolled over the image numbers twice and is almost on it's third trip. The lenses are even older than that! I love my Canon!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment