When I went under the weather

It started with a few days of feeling grumpy and tired. I figured I was getting burnt out at work and it would pass with a peacefull weekend. It didn't, as a matter of fact immediately following our game on Saturday I felt woozy and sweaty. I curled up in the big frumpy chair and fell asleep - that was my first sign. I took my temperature and it read 99.6, so I slugged down some nighttime cold medicine and went to bed. I woke up on Sunday feeling groggy and ill and lay low for the day, doing just enough to keep the house clean and the laundry washed. My temp maintained itself around 99+, so I made sure I went to bed early that night.

Monday morning I woke up and went through my routine - get breakfast for the monkey, coffee for myself, took a shower, got dressed and ready and was waiting for the bus with the boys right on time. I was in my car and it hit me - I didn't feel good at all. I came in and took my temp - right back up to 99.8. I logged into work from home and made it through half a day then slept the rest of the afternoon. I battled the temperature, malaise feeling, chills to sweats, body aches and pains, headache and nausea, a stuffy nose and a sore throat from Saturday until Friday when I finally started to come around. Sunday I woke up still not 100% but much better than the previous week. Miraculously, the monkey never did get sick - we normally share every bug that comes around.

Ironically, my flu shot is scheduled for next week. Hopefully I'm done for the next year.

Comments