Bird feeder blues

I moved my flat feeder closer to the house in preparation of winter last weekend (easier to fill, easier to watch birdies, easier to take pictures of birdies, easier to spook the squirrels and makes for great entertainment watching the cat freak out) and I wish I hadn't now, all my cute little feathered friends are now timid to get that close to the house. It happens every year and I know they'll return, but I miss the cute little birds. Right now all I have are Blue Jays and Mourning Doves. The Tufted Titmouse did finally make an appearance today, so I'm sure the rest will be right behind him. It's almost cool enough to put out the suet, I think I might do that next weekend. Anyway, here's some pictures of Sunday's events.



Blue Jays are hoarding all the food they can get, must be a sign...




Darn varmits, this one looks so cute and innocent but I scared him away







The first appearance this close to the house by the Tufted Titmouse.







Mourning Doves aren't afraid of the Jays, or the camera.




Comments