Doing as the tourists do - Stonington, Maine

Continuing our drive down Rt 15 we finally ended up in Stonington. From there we oooo'd and aaaah'd at the sight of the Atlantic ocean, boats and islands as far as the eye could see. It's a pretty little town, very touristy, peppered with small restaurants and galleries, the Isle Au Haut ferry dock, numerous lobster co-ops and people.... everywhere.

We were surprised at the amount of houses for sale and I would love to win the lottery and scoop one of those pretty little places up. I bet it's a bear to deal with all the tourists in the summer and the brutality of a Maine coastal winter though. But hey - a girl can dream!

I hope you enjoy the scenery as much as we did - the pictures give an idea but don't give total justice.

I wish I had taken a picture from the other end. I'm taking the pic from the bottom of the hill on Granite Street and directly behind me is a guardrail between us and a cliff dropping straight into the ocean. I didn't DARE drive down that hill! We looped around Seabreeze Ave onto Bayview Ave to get the set of pics below.

Overlooking Green and Russ Islands with the Stonington Lobster Co-op on the left

Left to Right - Green Island, Rock Island, George Head Island and Crotch Island 

The Isle Au Haut dock with Crotch Island in the background

A lobsterman drops his catch off at the Stonington Co-op
















Overlooking the small town from Ocean Street & the Green Head Lobster Company



This house was for sale - WANT!









Comments